Publication: China, Glass & Lamps
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
THE G. F. BRUNT PORCELAIN WORKS.
The introduction and general use of electricity in all lines of commercial and industrial work added another important industry to those located in East Liverpool, says the New York Industrial Recorder. This is the manufacture of high grade porcelain for electrical purposes. Prominent among the concerns engaged in this industry is the G. F. Brunt Porcelain Works, whose large and well equipped plant is located at the foot of Market street. These works were originally established by Mr. Brunt, Sr., in 1846. The present company was organized in 1895. The works consist of four two-story brick buildings, 204x55 feet, 32x85 feet, 40x60 feet and 54x40 feet respectively. Ninety-five expert workmen are employed. The company manufactures every description of high grade porcelain for electrical fixtures and appliances, door knobs and similar goods. These enjoy a high reputation and are used by the leading electrical workers in the country. These works are operated by Mr. George F. Brunt, Jr., who is thoroughly experienced in the business and closely identified with the pottery interests of the valley. He is one of East Liverpool's enterprising, progressive and up-to-date business men, always having the welfare of the city at heart. He is prominent in public affairs and takes an active interest in party matters. He is also prominent in social life, is a member of the Elks and has many friends.
|Keywords:||G. F. Brunt Porcelain Company|
|Researcher notes:||This is the fomer Brunt & Thompson pottery.|
|Date completed:||July 25, 2007 by: Elton Gish;|