William Moncrief had his hands burned by an insulator

[Newspaper]

Publication: The Elmer Times

Elmer, NJ, United States
vol. 19, no. 17, p. 1, col. 2


LOCAL NEWS

William Moncrief, Jr. the night boss at the Lower Glass Works, had his hands severely burned Monday night while examining some insulators. It is thought that some one threw an insulator covered with oil into a box of hot glass and Mr. Moncrief attempted to put a hot insulator into the box when an explosion caused the flames to come up with such force that his hands were severely burned. A local physician dressed the burns and Tuesday morning he went to a city hospital where he will probably be obliged to stay several weeks, before his hands will be sufficiently healed to admit of returning to work.


Keywords:Elmer Glass Company
Researcher notes: 
Supplemental information: 
Researcher:Bob Stahr / David Wiecek
Date completed:October 19, 2009 by: David Wiecek;