Publication: Crockery & Glass Journal
New York, NY, United States
TRENTON POTTERY TO CLOSE.
AFTER having been operated about sixty years for the manufacture of pottery the Etruria plant of the Cook Pottery Company is to be closed down within three weeks. The factory located at the corner of North Clinton and Perrine avenue, was built by the firm of Bloor, Ott & Brewer. Later Ott & Brewer operated it and then came the Etruria Pottery Company, the latter of which was succeeded in 1892 bp [sic] by the Cook Pottery Company.
The plan of Mr. Cook is to transfer the manufacture of general ware from the Eturia plant to the Prospect Hill works and to abandon entirely the production of hotel china.
Mr. Cook could not be found to make an official statement concerning the change nor to answer a query as to the probable future of the Etruria plant.